When you want to add value to your home, there is a fantastic range of options at your disposal. No matter your budget, the current shape of your home, or who is likely to take an interest in your property, you should be able to add value to your home with a minimum of fuss and effort.
At Mitchells, we know the importance of adding value to your property. This is a highly competitive market, and you want to ensure your home is seen and appreciated by as many likely buyers as possible. Whether you make your home more attractive or more functional, making it better will always be of benefit in the property market.
The following list provides you with 20 tips which are sure to add value to your home:
1. A BBQ feature in your garden creates life and energy outside of your home
2. Add colourful and seasonal flowers to the outside of your property
3. Change the layout of your home to maximise floorspace
4. Create a contemporary kitchen
5. Hard flooring is an appealing option while being simpler to maintain than many flooring options
6. If possible, extend your home and add an extra room
7. If there is a garage at your property, upgrade the security of the doors
8. If you have a garden area, install a decking or add a water feature
9. If you have an unused loft space, convert this into a living area
10. If you plan on decorating, opt for neutral colours
11. Improve or add loft insulation and cavity wall insulation
12. Invest in a thermostat to gain better control over the use of energy at home
13. Invest in an eco-friendly solution like a solar panel
14. Landscape the exterior of your home to better insulate the property
15. Make sure you switch to LED bulbs, creating a more energy efficient property
16. Make sure your garden area is clean and tidy, but also clean the street and ask neighbours if you can tend their property before any viewings
17. Make your bathroom more contemporary looking
18. Stage your home with a specific buyer in mind
19. Switch to lower maintenance floors if possible
20. Use the services of a professional photographer to stage your home in the best light
Whether you choose, one, a few, most or all of these tips, you can be confident you’ll positively impact the value of your home. The great thing about the list is that you don’t need to spend a lot of money to make a big change to your property.
Some of the options are more expensive, such as improving your flooring or kitchen, but there are affordable options. Switching to LED bulbs and adding loft insulation is a fantastic way to make your home more energy efficient. This appeals for a few reasons, but most importantly, it helps you, or a new property owner, save money.
If you’re looking to sell your home, we are here to assist you any way that we can. Get in touch with Mitchells Estate Agents, and we’ll do our best to support you.
Before putting your home on the market be sure you are making an informed choice by arranging a FREE MARKETING APPRAISAL.